Friday, October 26, 2012

Jewelry, Or Why I've Not Been Posting

A Turkish-American co-worker asked me to make these pieces for her, to wear to a wedding she's attending today. I had to create a design, find the materials, and put it together in two weeks!

It's a choker and jhoomer (a headdress that hangs perpendicular from the hairline to over the ear) made of salt- and freshwater-pearls (fifty, between the the pieces!), red Swarovski crystal, and 18-carat gold-plated sterling silver, plus a bunch of glass seed beads.

I sold it for $250!

(Also: I've been getting more hours at work (and I'm about to head there right now), so while I've been taking outfit photos I just haven't found time to post! It's a funny reverse of when I first started my blog, when I had LOTS of time and struggled to make new outfits every few days. XD)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...