Thursday, February 14, 2013

DIY: Vampire Valentines


Fighting... the... banner placement...

*clears throat*
This is the first time I've participated in The Vampire's Day Soiree, and I must say I am utterly charmed by the idea! Since I found Holly's blog through Little Gothic Horrors during a nocturnal interweb rampage on the 12th, I was very occupied in drawing together my post on the 13th. I hadn't previously considered posting my (homemade) valentines, but this is an awesome way to showcase them! I actually had to make another set of valentines since I had already given the originals away, but I had some leftover materials so it wasn't too hard.

"Bite Me" is cheesy, I will admit, but cheesiness is an important facet of Valentine's Day and vampire culture. :P
Then I had loads of fun inventing twisted valentine sayings for the cards; they are written in my signature lipstick, a bloody brick red by Revlon.  There was also a "Will You Bleed Mine?" but it was in tiny writing and didn't come out well photographically.
Okay, so that last one is not vampiric, but I'm trying to be honest here! I'm fascinated by the beauty of sugar skulls, and I had a few skull valentines in the mix. There was also an identical one to the skull, but with my black lipstick kiss in the middle.

Goodnight and enjoy your Valentine's!

2 comments:

  1. I love them! Thank you for joining the Soiree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thank you for hosting- I had so much fun!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...