Friday, July 20, 2012

Style- Fruit of the Spooky Tree

From http://forestertreeservice.com/plum-tree/
I love plums. Biting into their sugar-sweet flesh to be followed by the sharp sour tang of the skin is one of my favorite things about summer. At their peak ripeness they are deep purple-black, maybe frosted soft silver. So I was delighted when plums arrived in the local grocery store's produce section. I had to make a special, simple dessert: fresh plums and strawberries with homemade whipped cream!


Then, inspired by the fruit's deep hue, I coordinated my nails, makeup, and outfit.

Elf black eyeliner and Revlon Va-Va-Violet on lips. OPI's Black Cherry Chutney polish.
Altered Claire's stabbed-heart earrings, self-made bead choker (inspired by Tim Burton in general, Nightmare Before Christmas and Vincent specifically!)


Thrifted Judy Knapp lace vest, Faded Glory printed tank top, Lee Riders shorts, Merona flats.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...