Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Style- Mixing prints

This was inspired in part by Alice's clothing in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. The detail in her clothes- down to the stripes on her petticoats, socks, and gloves- is incredible.

Target tee- thrift skirt- Target shoes- Icing by Claire's headband- vintage necklace
As I show here, prints can easily mix when they share main colors: the black-and-grey of the shirt is echoed in the flowers of the skirt.



I've been fascinated by the sartorial statement of being dramatically flopped on the floor. My brother and I love film noir and occasionally write our own murder mysteries, so while we took the photos we discussed why the girl (played by me) was dead, what had happened to her, and generally created a back story for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...