Saturday, December 17, 2011

Makeup- Firebird/Bird of Paradise Masque

I've been planning to do this makeup look for a while- it was a matter of having the right products.


Yes, I shaved my eyebrows! I absolutely do not recommend this for everyone, but I have very thick, hard-to-cover-in-traditional-ways eyebrows. I'm get loads of strange looks on the street and it's definitely the most extreme way to go. If you can avoid it, avoid it. In retrospect, it would probably be overall easier to bleach my eyebrows, but I wouldn't get the same smooth slate.
Here I've applied tinted moisturizer, concealer, and powder; and eyelid primer in a three inch ring around my eye.. Note overall robotic expression.
Drawing lines...


                                     Half complete. Yellow within entire area of the black lines.


Orange-red swept up the "feathers" at the top, and hot pink blended on the eyelid with in the second set of feathers.


                                       Pink added as a gradient to outer edges. Blend well!

High-shimmer gold shadow added to inner corners, lids, and entire top of mask. Black lines redrawn with black liquid eyeliner, and black mascara applied.

Note- I buy all my own makeup products!
Products used:
1. Physicians Formula Organic Tinted Moisturizer in Light/Natural
2. Maybelline New York Express Makeup 3in1 in 02 Buff
3. Burt's Bees Vanishing Facial Powder
4. E.L.F. Eyelid Primer in Natural Sheer
5. L'Oreal Paris 16HR Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner in Black
6. E.L.F. Studio Cream Eyeliner in Purple
7. E.L.F. Studio Holiday 144-Piece Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette
8. L'Oreal Paris HiP Studio Secrets Shocking Shadow Pigments in Visionary
9. Maybelline New York Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Black
10. Clinique Re-Moisturizing Lipstick in Ginger Flower (combined with-)
11. L'Oreal Paris Infallible Le Rouge in Bold Bordeaux

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...