Friday, June 22, 2012

Revlon Lip Butter Review


As promised, a review of of my new Revlon Lip Butter!
I bought Red Velvet... I wanted a lighter alternative to my L'Oreal Infallible lipstick in time for summer. For a few minutes, I was torn between this color and Sugar Plum, an apparently lovely deep purple. Glad I chose this one for its color similarity to my Bold Bordeaux, because on looking up Sugar Plum swatches online it appears to share the failing of many purple lip colors- no opacity!
I love Red Velvet's color and texture; it has deep pigmentation and a nice sheen to it! One drawback is application- the bullet is bulky and thick, making direct tube application imprecise. However, a lip brush alleviates this.
The other drawback is durability; it IS a lip balm after all. A few hours or a snack later and it's gone.

Red Velvet alone
A good way to fix this? Wear it over lipstain! I own Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain in Twilight, a deep berry. The colors complement each other, the moisturizers in the Butter work against the stain drying your lips out, and the stain provides long lasting color and something to anchor the Butter!
Red Velvet and Twilight

Now I'll go buy some more spray paint for my headstone project. I ran out halfway through! :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...