Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Red & Black Week: Day Four


Last Saturday I attended the wedding reception of a family friend, held in our old church's Hall. They had a swing band and dancing outdoors, and the whole thing was just wonderful fun!

Coldwater Creek dress, thrifted belt, Merona wedges, Claire's chandelier earrings, my own bracelet.

And this is why my dress is totally awesome for swing dancing:



Whee!

My makeup was more dramatic than the photo is showing, with deep burgundy shadow and black winged liner.
My bracelet, made of glass beads and plated nickel.


16 comments:

  1. That dress is so beautiful! You look timeless in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so fresh and radiant :) lovely! I thought that the first pic is from magazine or something like that :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i think I love this dress! It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too. Maybe the best $30 ever spent... though I have this black velvet blazer... I could wear them together this winter!

      Delete
  4. Ooooh! This is one of the most stunning dresses I've ever seen - so perfectly feminine and in beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember whether my mother or I saw it first, but I knew it was a keeper the moment I tried it on; I just can't get enough of it!

      Delete
  5. GASP. This look seriously took my breath away. Audronasha said it best - you are radiant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear I'm blushing- all of you are so sweet! Thank you, thank you!

      Delete
  6. This is a gorgeous outfit! Your dress is a wonderful cut, and goes well with the shoes - and I'm frantically wondering how your bracelet is made, as I'm very jealous. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's straight pins, looped at either end and strung with beads. Fairly simple and common method- I'm sure you could find instructions online. :)

      Delete
  7. That's a perfect dress for swing dancing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...