Sunday, June 2, 2013

Red & Black Week: Day One


Welcome to Red & Black Week, an annual blogging event created and hosted by the wonderful Victorian Kitty at Sophistique Noir!

I've saved a few looks from last fall to use this week, as well as new ones; to start off, a simple and conservative look that would do well in a business-casual environment. The tweed skirt is something special- metallic red, with touches of pink and orange through it. A skirt on fire.

Thrifted Express blouse, thrifted belt, Coldwater Creek skirt, Talbot's tights, Merona shoes.


9 comments:

  1. I would totally wear this look to work. The skirt has such a great effect with the bits of color woven in. Pairing it with all-black really sets it off. Very sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfit, classic, but pleasingly dark :) And those red petals laying around compliment the theme :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Those petals are from a honeysuckle bush looming twenty feet over my head; it's a critical habitat for local birds and insects. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the glorious simplicity of this look - although it's not a fabric I currently have in my wardrobe, I do love tweed and have done from childhood. The skirt is a lovely update on the traditional style, and I am very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're so sweet! I do tend to buy my business wear in unusual fabrics or striking black-and-white patterns; it's come to set my style apart at work.

      Delete
  4. ok another concrete reason for me to wear skirts...i love your outfit :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found skirts are more comfortable and effortless than popularly believed. :P Certainly more comfortable and flattering than pants, for me!

      Delete
  5. Lovely outfit, I especially like the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that skirt. I read this post six days ago, and haven't been able to get the skirt out of my mind. Simple and stunning, must-must-must find one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...