Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Red & Black Week: Day Three


Everyone, everyone at work, called this the Matador, and it's all in the jacket! I found it in the sale rack at Forever 21; their sizes are cut to flatter a shorter woman than I, especially when it comes to sleeves and hemlines, so I didn't expect it to fit or flatter. Was I wrong!
It's black lace lined with scarlet, cropped and gently fitted, and it had hook-and-eye fastenings at the throat which I promptly removed. It's versatile and elegant, and folds up easily so I can take it to work in my purse during hot summer transits.

Altered Target blouse, Forever 21 jacket, thrifted Cato skirt, Talbots hose, Payless shoes.









9 comments:

  1. Despite it's odd lenght, that skirt is really elegant, and so it the whole outfit, actually. Your jacket is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have thought matador... But I can see it a little bit now that you say it. It looks so glamorous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, stylish. The short jacket and the long skirt is a really good combination, well done :). The jacket is beautiful. I have to take that idea with black lace and scarlet fabric to sew something for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please post when you do- I'd love to see what you do. (Why was I not following your blog earlier?... anyway, I am now! :))

      Delete
  4. You look really elegant and lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...